Teaching in Seoul

Seoul, with a population of 12 million, is a bewildering place and it will take a while to get to know it well.

But that is because there is so much to see and do from the country’s best markets to finest palaces. Different neighbourhoods make for different downtown areas linked by a spider’s-web subway system. The most popular areas for newcomers are Itaewon and Insadong but once you get to know the city you’ll find many other locales to explore, such as the upmarket Gangnam – now made world famous with the annoyingly catchy tune ‘Gangnam Style’ that took over the pop music world for a time!

There are probably thousands of English-speaking teachers in Seoul but it is one of the few areas in the country where not all of the English speakers are English teachers so you’ll meet people from all backgrounds. Yes it is noisy, frantic, confusing and expensive – but extremely exciting and of course, there is no shortage of well-paid teaching positions. Keep an eye open for new teaching positions in Seoul on our Jobs Section which is updated regularly.

How To Apply.

If you’re still at home, getting your visa is probably your priority and the process takes a bit of time and effort (depending on which country you will be employed in of course).

We will advise you on every step and make it as stress free as possible. Suffice to say, once it’s done and you’re here you’ll wonder what you fretted about. It goes without saying that if you have any questions, please email us using our Contact us form on this site or directly through admin@teachersforasia.com

So what exactly is a teaching Visa? This is what you will need to legally teach over here in Asia. It is usually valid for 12 months (the length of a standard contract) from the date of entry into the country and of course, it’s renewable.

In order to be eligible for this visa, teachers must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (either 3 or 4 years) from an accredited University and be a citizen of one of the following English speaking countries – USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Your visa will only allow you to work at the specific school which sponsors your visa. You cannot work at another school unless you receive a special permission from immigration on your visa. When you receive your visa, it may be a single-entry visa. If you wish to travel internationally from your base country here in Asia, as many teachers do, you will need to apply for a multiple reentry visa at the immigration office. This is very easy to obtain and usually doesn’t cost a lot.

Learn more about these locations:







And of course we are available for an informal skype chat once you get in touch with your details via our Contact Us section or simply email us at admin@teachersforasia.com