There are few cities in the world that offer quite the same incredible overseas travel and work experience as Shanghai. If you have graduated in the last few years, have just left university or are thinking about working overseas after graduation this year, our TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) positions provide excellent pay, conditions and experience.
- Monthly Package CNY15,000 (US$2,300 approx) to CNY18,000 (US$2,700 approx)
- Includes monthly Housing allowance
- FREE accommodation for up to 4 weeks when you arrive
- Cost of return flights are reimbursed (CNY5,000 on arrival)
- US and UK management team
- Orientation program to help you settle in on arrival
- Quality ongoing teacher training
- Collection at the airport in Shanghai (you will start with approx 10 other new teachers)
- Contract Completion Bonus of CNY5,000
- Paid National holidays
- Professional Development Bonus (Up to CNY6,000 per year)
- Regular teacher nights out and social events
- Low teaching hours at approx 25 contact hours per week
- Teachers have the opportunity for promotion
- Covered working visa costs (up to CNY2,000)
- Medical Insurance
- Full support throughout duration of your 12 month contract
I found Teachers For Asia to be honest, reliable, professional and most importantly extremely trustworthy. They leave nothing up to chance, they vet every school before approving them to teachers; working with TFA guarantees that that there will be no unwanted surprises when you arrive at your destination. I have now been working in Shanghai for three months and I am still in frequent contact with TFA who like to check in with me to make sure I’m settling in ok.
More About This School
We have worked with our established and professional client school in Shanghai for over 5 years. Many of the HR staff are from the UK & USA. These high quality TEFL teaching jobs are open all year round, with our teachers starting new contracts each month so start dates are mostly flexible.
Your role will be to teach conversational English language lessons to young Chinese students. Don’t worry, you don’t need to speak Chinese! Our schools in Shanghai have a friendly and relaxed environment for teachers and students. As a new TEFL teacher, you will get a really high standard of training and orientation when you arrive. Our school welcomes individuals, couples and small groups of friends with no prior teaching experience but an energy and enthusiasm for working with kids is important.