Ningbo, in the middle of China’s East coast, is a real mix of East and West and has lots to offer a foreign teacher. Teaching a variety of ages here from young children to teens in this excellent set-up perfect for those just starting out in teaching or seeking to develop their careers.
- Monthly Package: CNY11-14,000
- Includes monthly housing allowance
- Hotel Accommodation on arrival and Assistance Finding Apartment
- Flight allowance CNY4,500 every 6 months (or CNY 9,000 per year)
- Orientation on arrival and on-going training throughout your contract
- Performance bonus of up to CNY3,000 per year (assessed quarterly)
- Loyalty bonus of CNY3,000 for renewing your contract
- 20-26 teaching hours per week
- 11 paid national holidays and 10 days paid vacation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Free online Chinese lessons
- Free professional teaching certification through the Cambridge TKT
- CNY1,000 in visa costs reimbursed by the school
- Full support throughout the 15-month contract
I had a great experience with Teachers for Asia. They went above and beyond to find me a teaching position and kept everything completely transparent from start to finish. Teachers for Asia found my first teaching position here in Ningbo, China and I have been very happy living and working here. I have almost finished my first 1 year contract and it’s all thanks to them. I would definitely use Teachers for Asia again and recommend them to anyone looking for teaching positions in Asia.
Teaching in Ningbo
Our school have a variety of locations in the city and surrounding districts and you will be teaching a range of ages from kindergarten/elementary age group up to high school level. There is a great team of teachers and lots of support and training to help enhance your teaching skills and also develop your career.
From start to finish, the team at Ningbo will support you on your journey. They guide you through the visa application process and upon arrival, you will be met and provided with hotel accommodation until you have your own apartment – which the school will also help you to find.
Ningbo itself has a long history as one of China’s oldest cities and there are plenty of places of interest to visit, including Cheng Huang Temple, Tian Yi Square and Tianyi Pavilion, alongside natural beauty spots with a lake, beach and mountains in its surrounding area. There is plenty to do with shopping centres, cinema, theatre and amusement/water parks. It’s easy to get around the city itself, with 2 metro lines in operation and 2 more under construction and excellent rail links to nearby cities, including Shanghai and Nanjing.
Places are limited each month. Apply now and David or Michael will be in touch by email to arrange a brief call with you to chat about your interest in TEFL teaching and a bit more about the placement process in general. In the meantime you can find lots of great info in our China Applications, Candidate Resources and News sections.