To live and work in Thailand, you will need a Non-Immigrant Type B visa which will be issued upon your destination school obtaining a work permit on your behalf.

Thailand has a visa system with processes and requirements that can change regularly. It is always advisable to consult with your nearest Thai consulate in your home country. The information below should be used as a guide only.

All applicants need to collect the following documents as they will be required for processing your visa:

  • 2 x Letters of recommendation from previous school/employer/professor (signed and scanned)
  • Separate photo attachment (friendly and professional head shot is best)
  • Scan of degree certificate(s)
  • Scan of passport info page
  • Scan of TEFL cert
  • Scan of your criminal background check

If you have any questions about these documents, our team will be happy to answer these for you.

Upon completion of a successful interview with one of our team, the documents you provide will be sent to our client school in Thailand.

Your destination school in Thailand will review your documents and Teachers For Asia interview results. The school will then request a second interview with you. If the school would like to hire you, a contract will be issued for your consideration. Scan the contract with your signature and e-mail it back to the school to reserve your position.

You can now apply for a Non-Immigrant Type B visa at your nearest Thai embassy. You will need to send the following documents by post with the appropriate visa fee as outlined on the application form.

  • Completed Visa Application Form
  • Passport and Photocopy of passport information page (validity not less than 6 months)
  • Two recent photographs (5 cm x 5 cm)
  • Copy of degree certificate (as proof of qualification)
  • Criminal background check certificate
  • Official recommendation letter from your school in Thailand to the Embassy
  • Confirmation of the term of the employment contract in Thailand (the Embassy reviews this)

When the embassy has received and reviewed the above documents and are satisfied with them, they will issue a non-immigrant type ‘B’ visa within a couple of days. This visa entitles the holder to a single entry to The Kingdom of Thailand for a period stay of 90 days.

Once you have entered Thailand and started work, your school will apply for a teacher’s license and working permit on your behalf, which will take about a week.

After your work permit and teacher’s license are granted, you will submit these documents along with your employment contract and employment certificate to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok in order to apply for a visa extension to cover the entire term of employment at your new school.